Discover The Story - Singapore Airlines
Inducted in 2002
Consecutive Award Won: Best Airline of The Year
The history of Singapore Airlines dates back to 1947. Now an internationally-respected brand, we have become one of the world’s leading airline groups with an advanced fleet of aircraft. With one of the world’s most modern fleets, a network spanning five continents, and the Singapore Girl as an iconic symbol of quality customer care and service, we have earned a reputation as an innovative market leader, combining quality products with excellent service.
We have a reputation of leading the way as an industry trendsetter. Our ever-growing list of industry-leading innovations includes the following firsts:
- First to offer free headsets, a choice of meals and free drinks in Economy Class, in the 1970s
- First to introduce satellite-based inflight telephones in 1991
- First to involve a comprehensive panel of world-renowned chefs, the International Culinary Panel, in developing inflight meals in 1998
- First to offer audio and video on demand (AVOD) capabilities on KrisWorld in all classes in October 2001
- First to fly the A380 from Singapore to Sydney on 25 October 2007
The Next Chapter
In the years ahead, Singapore Airlines will continue to focus on its premium positioning and on the fundamental values that drive our success. The key elements of safety, a zealous focus on our customers, product innovation and leadership, as well as network connectivity, form the foundation of our competitive offering and will continually be strengthened.